Sunday, November 20, 2011

Out of the Mouths... of 18 Year-Olds

My 18 year-old son watched the 7 Habits Video with me today. I was a little surprised by his reaction.

"Man, do you know what you are doing for these kids? I wish someone had taught me the 7 Habits. Think of how long it too for me to learn those things? Some adults don't have those things figured out. Do you know that you are teaching them to be the leaders of the future?"

Whoa! Slow down! I jokingly said, "Wow, too bad your mom didn't teach you some of those things. Think of how much easier your life would have been up to this point!"

He laughed and said, "Yeah, but this is straightforward. You don't have to learn everything the hard way."

Then he paused, knowing that the video featured several kindergarten students, he added, "Just think if you got the 1st grade teacher to do this too! That would be so awesome! And then, if they did it every year..." 

I interrupted, "It is for everyone. It's not just kindergarten."

He smiled, "They are going to be set for life!"

No comments:

Post a Comment